5 Fun Rainy Day Activities
Rainy days are the pits! You’re stuck inside and the kid’s keep saying “I’m bored.” Prevent those two grueling words with these 5 activities that will keep the kids moving when the weather isn’t cooperating.
- Animal Charades: Take turns pretending to be different animals then guess which animal that person is trying to be. This is a great way for children (& parents!) to use their imaginations and have some fun.
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: Use an old cardboard box to create something new. Breakout the paint and craft supplies to make a car, rocket ship, or event a boat! Click here for some fun, cardboard box craft ideas.
- Have a dance party or play Freeze Dance: This is a great opportunity to turn on your favorite The Little Gym tunes! Have a dance party to the fun music or play Freeze Dance by pausing the music and “freezing” when your child least expects it.
- Building with LEGO bricks: Building with LEGO bricks helps build thinking skills, math skills, fine motor skills and color recognition! Check out these fun LEGO activities your child is sure to love!
- Play restaurant: What better way to spend your lunch hour than at your very own restaurant? Have your child take your order and you both can create a fun, (kid-friendly) restaurant quality meal.